This is a list of recommended tools and plugins that can be used to extend the functionality of our themes. We consider these to be necessary to every website.
– Sendy. Sendy is a self hosted newsletter application that enables you to send newsletters to your subscribers using Amazon SES, at an extremely low price.
– Easy Google Fonts. This plugin allows you to take full control of your website’s typography directly from the customizer, so you can see the changes in real time.
– Shortcodes Ultimate. With this plugin you can easily create tabs, buttons, boxes, different sliders, responsive videos and more in any page or post.
– Contact Form 7. One of the most popular plugins, allows you to build multiple forms in your website. Supports Ajax submitting, Captcha etc.
– Simple Custom CSS. This plugin allows you to add custom css to your theme or plugin that overrides the original code, this way you don’t have to edit the css code of your theme.
– Regenerate Thumbnails. Every time you change your theme or one of the featured images size, this plugin comes very handy to regenerate your images to match the new thumbnail sizes.
– SEO Ultimate. An all-in-one SEO plugin gives you control over meta titles & descriptions. Plenty of other features like open graph, auto-linking, rich-snippets, 404 monitoring etc.
– Google XML Sitemaps. This plugin generates an XML sitemap which will help search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask.com to better index your website.
– Widget Logic. This plugin helps you specify the pages your widget will display on so you can have specific widgets for specific pages.
– First Site Guide. A nice collection of free resources that walks you through setting your WordPress website and more.